Skip to content
Ingredients for Mustard Sauce:
- Yellow mustard: 1/2 teaspoon
- Egg yolk: 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3 teaspoons sugar.
- 6 jujubes.
- 4 lemon leaves
- 1 large horn chili (the type of pho)
- Ground pepper.
How to Make Mustard Sauce:
- Put a pot or pan of water on the stove, put salt, egg yolk, sugar and mustard in a bowl, place the bowl in the middle of the pot to beat the water. Take care not to let water overflow into the bowl.
- Beat until the sugar and salt dissolve, the mixture thickens, squeeze in, mix until dissolved and cook until the mixture boils, then turn off the heat (make eggs cooked and not fishy)
- Chop the skin of 2 kumquats, lemon leaves, and chili peppers into the mixture. Add pepper, mix well and you’re done, the resulting mixture has a super-beautiful, super-delicious yellow color.