Pancakes (Bánh Xèo) is a dish that is loved by many people because of the fatty taste of rice flour combined with the sweetness of shrimp and bean sprouts and the sweet and sour taste of the sauce that makes you eat it all the time. Please refer to how to make delicious crispy pancakes below for family members to enjoy.
A special feature that makes banh xeo so loved by many people is that it is served with a variety of vegetables. People often roll pancakes with green cabbage leaves, salad with sweet and sour fish sauce mixed according to the taste of each region.
- Ready-made pancake flour (if you don’t have it, use rice flour mixed with turmeric and coconut milk)
- Beer (helps to keep the crust crispy for a long time)
- Shrimp (can be replaced with shrimp)
- Whole green beans
- Onions, scallions, dried onions, bean sprouts, carrots, fresh peppers, lemons, garlic, raw vegetables
- Salt, pepper, sugar
Step 1: Prepare the Ingredients:
- Thinly sliced or minced pork belly. Shrimp cut beard, remove the head, take only the meat, then clean and set aside.
- Peeled onion, sliced areca, soaked in ice, bean sprouts washed and drained. Cut your carrots thinly so that they are beautiful. Sliced scallions.
- Green beans you soak with water for 1-2 hours and then clean, then bring cooked food.
Step 2: Prepare the Dough to Make Pancakes
Make the crust: Mix the prepared pancake flour with a small spoon of salt, a cup of beer and water and stir well to have a liquid mixture without lumps. Add chopped scallions and cooked green beans, stir well to let the dough rest for about 20 minutes. Note that do not mix the thick dough so that the thick crust is not crispy and difficult to cook.
Step 3: Prepare the Pancakes
Marinate shrimp meat with pepper, salt and finely minced dried onion for 10 minutes and then put on the stove and stir-fry with cooking oil. Stir-fry until the meat and shrimp are cooked, remove to a separate plate. In some central regions, they will marinate and grill meat instead of stir-fried meat like the usual way of making pancakes.
Step 4: Fry the Pancakes
Put a non-stick pan on the stove with a little cooking oil to boil, stir the flour, then put 1 tablespoon of flour in the middle of the smooth pan, cover for 1 minute. Then add the mixture of shrimp and bean sprouts, then fold the cake in half, wait for the cake to be crispy and evenly on both sides. Continue doing this until all the dough and filling are used up.
Step 5: Make Pancake Dipping Sauce
Pancakes dipping sauce should be sweet and sour, you mix according to the following recipe for 5 tablespoons of filtered water mixed with 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and then add minced garlic and chilli to mix well, season to taste. eat.
Pancakes After Finishing:
- Pancakes after frying have a beautiful golden color. When eating delicious crispy mixed with the aroma of shrimp meat makes you eat forever and not bored.
- Pancakes are best eaten while still hot. When eating, you roll pancakes with rice paper or broccoli leaves or add little raw vegetables dipped with sweet and sour fish sauce to create a special flavor for the dish.