- 1kg pork belly
- 1 branch of lemongrass
- 10g purple onion
- 2 heads of white onion
- Condiments: Soy sauce, oyster sauce, ground pepper, sugar, honey, cooking oil, five spices,…
Make Fish Sauce
- Garlic, minced chili
- Fish sauce, filtered water, sugar
- 300g carrots and kohlrabi
- Seasoning: Vinegar, sugar, salt
- Fresh vermicelli
- Crushed roasted peanuts, onion fat
- Bean sprouts, lettuce, cinnamon, cucumber, … cleaned, drained
Marinated Grilled Meat
Clean lemongrass, white onion head and chop finely. Garlic, onion peeled. Then put it all in a mortar and blend.
Clean bacon, cut into thin pieces with a thickness of about 3mm, put in a marinade with the mixture just ground above. Then add 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon sugar, 3 tablespoons cooking oil, ½ teaspoon five spices, 1 teaspoon cashew oil, ½ teaspoon ground pepper coffee, mix well and leave for about 30 minutes for the meat to infuse the spices.
Make Fish Sauce
Put in a cup of 100ml of filtered water, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 4 tablespoons of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and minced garlic and chili, mix well to have a homogeneous mixture.
Carrots, kohlrabi cleaned, grated into strands, put in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of sugar, ¼ teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and mix well.
Skewer the Meat and Grill It
After the meat is finished marinating, you skewer it on a stick. Can be grilled with charcoal, electric grill or oven.
- Grilled meat with charcoal, electric grill: You put each skewers of meat on the grill, remember to turn the sides constantly so that the meat is evenly browned. During the roasting process, remember to spread a layer of marinade on the surface of the meat to make the barbecue more flavorful. Once the meat is cooked, put it on a plate.
- Grilled meat in the oven: Turn on the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes, then put the meat in and bake for about 10-15 minutes, then take out and add marinade. Return the meat to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
Present and Enjoy
After everything is done, we can present the dish as shown below and enjoy.