What Are the Health Benefits of Chicken Porridge?
Chicken porridge is a popular dish that you can cook for your loved ones anytime, because it brings:
- Research shows that the protein from chicken porridge not only helps cure the common cold, but can also help fight high blood pressure.
- In addition to the anti-inflammatory effect, this dish also has the ability to limit the time the disease-causing virus comes into contact with the respiratory tract.
- Brightening eyes is one of the great health benefits of chicken. Because in this type of poultry meat contains high levels of retinol, alpha, beta-carotene, lycopene, etc. Above all, chicken porridge also contains carrots containing vitamin A, which is very good for the eyes.
- In chicken, there are nutrients such as phosphorus and calcium that work to help bones and teeth develop healthy, prevent osteoporosis and dental diseases. As a result, this dish is very good for the elderly and children to support bones.
How to Choose to Buy Chicken to Cook Delicious Porridge
With Ready-made Chicken
Usually, some families, because they do not have time, choose to buy pre-cleaned and plucked chickens at the market or supermarket. So how to know this is a new chicken, not a type that has been refrigerated for a long time?
Accordingly, you should give preference to those with small bodies and breasts. Golden chicken skin, no red nodules, no rancid smell. You can check by pressing on the chicken with your hand. Absolutely do not buy the meat is too mushy and too big because this is a trick to pump fresh chicken that the seller wants to trick us. To avoid mistakes, housewives should order ready-made chicken at reputable establishments!
How to Choose to Buy Live Chicken
One piece of advice for you, give priority to buying whole chickens and running around! Because this is the direct way for us to know how healthy they are. Should choose to buy chickens with red crest, small legs, short spurs, looks healthy and agile. If used to cook chicken porridge, the hen is preferred!
The Process of Cooking Chicken Porridge Is Delicious
Step 1: Prepare The Ingredients
- One chicken is about 2 kg. It is advisable to choose small chickens to have fresh water and enough rations for four people in the family.
- Plain rice: 100g; Sticky rice: 100g
- Herbs: scallions, perilla, coriander, ginger, carrots (if any)
- Seasoning: salt, fish sauce, seasoning, ground pepper…
Step 2: Preliminary Processing
- Mix glutinous rice and plain rice together and soak in water for about 1 hour. Then you wash the rice.
- Chicken has been plucked clean, removed intestines and boiled for about 1 and a half hours. Then take it out and let it cool.
- The herbs are picked up, the stems and leaves are removed, washed and finely chopped. Dried onions, peeled and smashed
Step 3: Processing
Now let’s start processing:
- Put the soaked rice into the pot of boiling water and the dried onions into the pot to stew until tender, the rice grains expand. Time is about 2 hours.
- Boiled chicken in the above step to the plate.
- Put a non-stick pan on the stove, add cooking oil, wait until hot to dry until fragrant. Season with fish sauce and wait until the porridge is soft.
- Ladle the porridge into a bowl, add a little onion and pepper to have an attractive chicken porridge.
- ecause the porridge also has seasoning, you can use it with fish sauce or not. You should not eat too salty will harm your health.
- Chicken porridge can be eaten with banana salad to increase the attractiveness and avoid boredom for users.
Step 4: Display and Enjoy
Usually housewives often skip this step because they are lazy and unskilled. However, you know, the more attractive the presentation, the more it attracts the taste buds of the eater. For chicken porridge, it’s very simple, you just need to scoop the porridge into a bowl then sprinkle cilantro and pepper on top. You should use a glass bowl because it looks beautiful and is not harmful to health!